Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sticky Toffee Chocolate Pudding


Sticky Toffee Chocolate Pudding



A quick recipe I learnt from a friend came handy when my best friend from Delhi visited me last Sunday. On the short notice, I found my freeze stuffed with the ingredients of this recipe. And I loved her compliments like anything.

What you need is:
Dates 100gms finely chopped
Egg 1 in number
Refined flour 100gm
Refined sugar 100gm
Butter 50gm
1tsf baking powder

For sauce
Roughly chopped extra dark chocolate
100gms thick cream
Refined sugar 20gms


In a bowl, take roughly 50ml of boiling water and soak dates for two minutes. Drain the water (but save it). In a food processor, crush the dates; add egg, butter, sugar and flour. Add baking powder. Add the water (from dates) to make the consistency thick enough to flow.
In an oven bake it in ceramic bowl at 180C for 20min.
In a double boiler, melt chocolate, add cream and sugar. Mix well.
Take the bowl out of oven. Spread the sauce over the pastry. Bake it again for two minutes. Serve it hot.




7 comments:

  1. Hey Doc! Have hopped over from G+. Looks like a wonderful short notice recipe that ticks all the boxes! Can't go wrong with chocolate, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trust me it satisfies all those sweet cravings I have post midnight

      Delete
  2. trust me it satisfies all those sweet cravings I have post midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recipe. I have to give it a try, esp now that I'm trying to include dates in my diet for protein sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.. and you can replace the chocolate sauce with caramelized dates ...

      Delete
  4. love dates in baking gives a rich flavor. Thanks for sharing

    http://goodeatstostyle.blogspot.com/p/fun-food-gadgets.html

    ReplyDelete