Saturday 9 February 2013

Banana and cottage cheese pudding



Banana and cottage cheese pudding

Being a North Indian, I don’t feel satisfied if there is no dessert after meals. Years gone, this has been a ritual that I need atleast one sweet post my dinner.Following recipe is my innovation, in the sense, that it is less calorie enriched compared to the original one. I have fortified it with protein. Isn’t it good, a dessert packed with protein as well. 


Here it goes:
Digestive biscuits 1pack
Condensed milk 50ml
Cottage cheese 200gms
Dark chocolate (melted in double boiler) 200gms
One banana : sliced
In a bowl, crumble the cottage cheese and mix it with half the amount of chocolate (melted in double boiler). In another glass bowl, put a layer of digestive biscuits (crumbled to powdered form in a mixer). Apply gently the thick layer of condensed milk (make sure the layers do not merge). Gently make a layer of crumbled cottage cheese mixed with molten chocolate. Pour the rest of molten (cold) chocolate syrup on the cottage cheese layer. Garnish the top layer with banana slices.
I use banana, as it goes well with chocolate and condensed milk. Any fruit can be used.
Keep it in refrigerator for an hour to set in layers.


My notes:
This recipe looks good when set in layers. (Make sure you set the layers gently)




2 comments:

  1. It looks really tempting! I'm always looking for ways to add more protein to my meals, and this dessert is perfect! Nice one :)


    Nitya
    www.samayalisai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mam.. your appreciation is my motivation. :)

      Delete