Thursday 20 December 2012

Vanilla cinnamon butter cups


Vanilla cinnamon butter cups




Christmas is round the corner. Before the final evening when Santa would be knocking my door, I thought I should be ready with a new flavour cake. This time I tried Vanilla cinnamon cup cakes. The recipe is almost same for cupcakes and cakes except for the fact that cake can be cut in between and the sauce can be spread between the layers and over the top. I chose cinnamon this year, as its my favourite flavour . the mild sweet smell of cinnamon makes my heart wobble. I bought selected cinnamon sticks from Diu this vacation.


For the cup cakes:
100gm refined flour
80gm salted butter
2eggs
80gms powdered sugar
Vanilla essence
Pinch of grounded cinnamon
3/4tsf baking powder
1/4tsf baking soda
In a bowl whisk eggs, sugar and butter till the froth appears. Add vanilla essence and a pinch of cinnamon powder. In another bowl, sieve flour, baking powder and soda. Fold and mix the flour mixture in the egg mixture. Bake in greased moulds in preheated oven at 120”C for 30-40minutes.


For the cream sauce
Whisk 50ml double cream with 50gm powdered sugar, vanilla essence and cinnamon powder until peaks develop.
With the help of cone decorate the cup cakes.
Creativity is all we look for. Merry Christmas.









No comments:

Post a Comment