Monday 10 August 2015

Face of Storytellers


Face of Storytellers


People often call them tour guides, but what fascinates me is that they are more than tour guide who shows the track to the traveler. Few faces I met ever get embedded in my memory. They charmed me with their knowledge, skills and storytelling power.



Roshan: I met him during our nalsarovar tour (near Ahmedabad, Gujarat). Not only he rows the boat for constant 4 hours, but he has extreme knowledge of birds and bird species. 





Krishna: Half Indian from his father side, he met me in our Bhutan tour. He has awesome talent in telling stories, be it mythical, cultural or regional. He has strong interest in politics. He was aware of recent advances in politics. a well versed man, who charmed us with his knowledge and eco-friendly attitude towards his country.  







Rajesh: He took me through the maroon valleys of Munnar (kerala, India). He tricked me into the beauty of ruins. the loomed ruins of caves of Mahabharat era were never exciting, till he spoke of them. he has keen sense of flavors and fresh spices. He made me de-tour my track and took me to various spice garden as he came to know that I was dying to learn and try in my kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment