Saturday 30 March 2013

Crumbled Tiramisu Pudding


Crumbled Tiramisu Pudding



Few days back, bunch of my friends planned a dinner at a fine restaurant of the city. The buffet of the day had tiramisu as in desserts. Meanwhile we finished our main course, we found that tiramisu at the bar was about to finish, I quickly filled my platter with the remaining tiramisu. The restaurant manager said that they will refill the bar shortly. So my friends dint even share with me. Unfortunately they refilled it with black forest cake as tiramisu was out of stock. Ouch! Everyone started cursing me for finishing it. (Though I was lil enjoying their disappointment).
Next day I made my version of tiramisu for myself, fortunately it turned out that one of the friends got the chance to relish it.
Here is my version:
Though it’s not an original recipe, but it’s quite easy version and quenched my temptation for tiramisu.
What you need is:
A sponge cake (chocolate or vanilla)
Whipped cream 100gm
Icing sugar 50gm
Cream cheese 50gms
Espresso coffee 2tsf
Sugar syrup 2tsf (optional)
Crumble the sponge cake with hands. Set the crumbles in a serving bowl. Pour sugar syrup (optional, you can omit to avoid extra sugar or add a pinch of coffee in syrup).
Whip cream cheese, icing sugar and coffee for 2 minutes.
Fold the mixture gently into whipped cream.
Layer this cream on the crumbled cake mixture. Dust with coffee or coco powder. Ready to serve.

My notes:
1.     It’s completely eggless.
2.     Can be made from left over cake. Or sometimes if the cake you are making crumbles in the process.
3.      Easter is round the corner, enjoy it.


1 comment: